Loving your demons


The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, and you should try not to forget snacks and magazines.” ― Anne Lamott
                       
Hopefully your Yuletide holiday celebrations were wonderful, full of love, and brought you much relaxation. Thankfully I was able to spend time with dear souls, while also having moments to rest and meditate.

For Mr. The Mister and I, our "return of the Light" started off with a bang. Two trips to Cincinnati - both for wellness of varying types - with our return hustling in lots of home clearing. While it all worked out, it's okay if we don't have to do anything like that again.

Friday night, as both of us wearily sat in front of our little outdoor heater, MTM and I talked about the metaphorical seeds we wanted to plant this Yule. For every positive suggestion he had, my thoughts kept going back to the past few weeks/months/years, and the arduous processes that both of us had been enduring.

Also, I reminded him, the last few months have been full of dreams, personal health issues, and spiritual growing pangs. However, as we sat there letting the light and warmth shine on us, I recalled a small moment of clarity earlier in the day where I reflected on the Buddhist practice of feeding your demons. Taking my new brain thought, mixing in some spiritual practice, and allowing the Universe to guide me, I came to the conclusion that it was time to "fall in love" with uncertainty. Let all the dreams come. Let all the health wonkiness come. Let the lack of sleep come. It is time for growing - let the Light shine, so that all may be revealed.

To hear more of the story, check out the podcast below.

With that, dear ones, I'm off to walk around in the Sun, pick up some of my art prints, and hang out with the young folks.

May your day be full of falling in love with yourself,
~ Kim

Comments

Popular Posts