Kung Fu and Alan Watts

“Zen does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes.” - Alan Watts
                       

Mr. The Mister and I started the series with the Boy Child, and each episode brings tiny drops of Knowing. It's a real life example of an "old dog" learning new tricks. Or, more succinctly, allowing everything to give guidance in a full spectrum sensory experience.

Or, maybe, it can mean that sometimes a cigar is really just a cigar.

What has been fun in watching the episodes, is seeing timeless wisdom being viewed through new eyes. Sitting quietly, with yarn in hand, my whole body is engaged in each moment of the show. At one point, during an intense scene, I found myself sniffling a bit. The beauty of it all was very tender on my heart, which gave me a sense of deep connection to something timeless and wise.

Today's Advent meditation: Stop to notice all that is around you, while engaging your own presence in the world. What do you hear? Can you sense your surroundings? Is anything uncomfortable?

Sending love and light to you,
keu/Yarn and Zen


Comments

Popular Posts